google.com, pub-6663105814926378, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Around the World List 73287964: Stanton’s Life as a Could-have-been

Stanton’s Life as a Could-have-been

Stanton’s Life as a Could-have-been


Harry Dean Stanton’s life story is a litany of missed opportunities, said Dan Cairns in The Sunday Times (U.K.). “I’ve avoided success on a lot of levels,” admits Stanton, 88, a character actor who developed a cult following and the respect of other actors for his roles in such movies as Cool Hand Luke; Paris, Texas; and Wild at Heart. In the 1980s, director John Carpenter offered him the starring role in a TV series about a private investigator. “He said, ‘You’ll have more money, fame, and [women] than you’ve ever had.’” Stanton turned him down, for reasons he can’t explain. “I had the opportunities. But I didn’t take them.”



Gifted with a haunting voice, he also sang with some of the biggest rock stars of the 1960s and ’70s, including Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Kris Kristofferson. “I’ve been offered chances to make records before, by people like Ry Cooder and, what’s that big tall skinny guy? So I’ve had the offers, and I just, I don’t know, that’s been the way I’ve evolved.” A Buddhist, he doesn’t believe in indulging his ego or dwelling on the past, though he admits wishing he’d attended the Oscars. “I remember Bob De Niro invited me to go with him when he’d done Raging Bull. And I said, ‘I don’t have a tux.’ And he said, ‘Don’t worry, there’ll be others.’” Stanton wasn’t asked again. “I should have gone with him. I still regret that.”

The Corona Virus Explained

Most Venomous Animals on Earth

Most Danngerous Weapons

Best Airports in the World

Most Visited Cities in the World

Most Beautiful Capitals in the World

The Deepest Hole in the World

Weird Discoveries Can't Explain

Interest Facts About Neptune

What is the Darkest Material

Interesting Facts About Mars

Amazing Facts About Sun

Interesting Facts About Sun

Science Facts Didn't Learn

Science Facts No Longer Taught

Recent Science Discoveries

Ridiculous Science Myths

Is Freezing Contagious

What Are Tree Bombers

Facts About Recycling

Equation Changed the World

Most Dangerous Plants

Uncontacted Tribes Still Exist

How Much Google Cost

How Alcohol Make Drunk

Most Mysterious Lakes

Can an Animal Clone Itself

Brief History of Alcohol

Most Danngerous Weapons


UPDATE NEW TOPIC

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive