google.com, pub-6663105814926378, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Around the World List 73287964: Memories of a School Massacre

Memories of a School Massacre

Memories of a School Massacre




Judy Murray nearly lost her now famous son to a school shooting, said Kate Battersby in the Radio Times (U.K.). In 1996, Andy Murray—now Britain’s No. 1 tennis player—and his brother, Jamie, were caught up in one of the worst gun massacres on British soil, when a gunman walked into their elementary school in the small Scottish town of Dunblane and shot dead 16 children and a teacher. Judy was working in the family toy store when her mother rushed in and told her about the shooting. “I picked up my car keys and just ran out,” Judy remembers. “I was driving there thinking I might not see my children again.” At the school, she was ushered into a packed room to await news. Eventually, a policeman came in and asked the parents of one class to leave with him. “The girl [next to me] said, ‘That’s my daughter’s class.’ I don’t know if I have survivor’s guilt, but I had an awful moment when I was so relieved it wasn’t my kids. And then feeling terrible. She lost her daughter.” As it turned out, teachers kept both Jamie and Andy away from the massacre. “It was impossible to believe something like that could happen in your little town. Sometimes it still is.”

The Corona Virus Explained

Most Venomous Animals on Earth

Most Danngerous Weapons

Best Airports in the World

Most Visited Cities in the World

Most Beautiful Capitals in the World

The Deepest Hole in the World

Weird Discoveries Can't Explain

Interest Facts About Neptune

What is the Darkest Material

Interesting Facts About Mars

Amazing Facts About Sun

Interesting Facts About Sun

Science Facts Didn't Learn

Science Facts No Longer Taught

Recent Science Discoveries

Ridiculous Science Myths

Is Freezing Contagious

What Are Tree Bombers

Facts About Recycling

Equation Changed the World

Most Dangerous Plants

Uncontacted Tribes Still Exist

How Much Google Cost

How Alcohol Make Drunk

Most Mysterious Lakes

Can an Animal Clone Itself

Brief History of Alcohol

Most Danngerous Weapons


UPDATE NEW TOPIC

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive